Salary packaging support in response to COVID-19


We are still here and ready to help you get the most from your salary packaging benefits.
In line with Government recommendations, many companies are operating working from home arrangements and major phone networks are experiencing intermittent issues. 
As a result, your ability to contact us, and for us to contact you, may be impacted from time to time. We apologise if this affects our ability to handle your call in a timely manner.




How can you benefit?


Making the most of your salary is easier than you think. Because you work in the Public Benevolant Institution sector, you can salary package a part of your income.


Generally, your salary is paid to you after tax is witheld by your employer. But you could be using a Salary Packaging Card to pay for expenses using a portion of your salary that hasn't been taxed - and less tax witheld means more money in your back pocket!


It works like this:


  1. You nominate how much money you'd like allocated to your card tax-free each time you get paid. There is an annual limit on how much you can spend tax-free, so check with your employer to see what it is.
  2. Each pay period, that amount will be credited to your Salary Packaging Card without any tax being applied.
  3. The money will be immediately available for you to spend! Simply select 'credit' when paying at the register, or use it like a credit card for online purchases.                         Please note: The first time you use your card you need to insert, select CREDIT and enter your PIN. Then you can tap and go with PayPass if you prefer.

  4. You'll be sent a monthly card statement, listing all transactions on the card from the previous month.


Your employer benefits too - they provide you with tax-free benefits, without any administration costs normally associated with salary packaging!



What you can include?


You can use your Salary Packaging Card to enjoy tax-free expenses anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted.


Here's just some of the things you can pay for:


General living expenses

  • Buy the weekly groceries

  • Fill your car with petrol

  • Dine out at a restaurant

  • Travel or book a holiday

  • Pay your gas, electricity and telephone bills

  • Pay your council rates and water rates

  • Purchase theater and movie tickets

  • Shop for clothes

Meal and entertainment expenses

  • Breakfast, lunch or dinner with friends or family at a restaurant/cafe

  • Drinks and food at a bar or nightclub

  • Purchases of food and drink for a party or BBQ

  • Drinks and food while on holidays at a resort or hotel

  • Taxi travel to a club or restaurant where you intend to eat and drink

  • Accommodation within Australia or overseas; including hotel or motel room, caravan park or bed-and-breakfast accommodation

  • Venue hire expenses; for example the hire of a private function room for a family celebration, like a wedding or birthday party.


Are there some things i can't use my card for?


  • Mortgage and personal loan repayments
  • Credit card bill payments
  • Withdrawing money from an ATM or when making EFTPOS transactions
  • Setting up recurring direct debit payments
  • Money transfers - either from another account to your card, or vice versa
  • Services such as mini-bar, room service, laundry, in-house movies, and waiter hire

  • Accommodation and venue hire expenses incurred while traveling for work related purposes



Salary Packaging Card user guides